Thursday, September 22, 2011

Is Virgin the only UK mobile phone network offering contracts for less than 18 months?

I'm due to renew with T-Mobile next week, but they tell me that they only offer plans starting from 18 months in duration.


I've always looked forward to getting a new phone every year, as I have done since T-Mobile (then called One2One) was born. I now feel betrayed by them, but would rather not give any money to Virgin due to their net neutrality stance.





Am I hooped?|||I just renewed for 1 year with Three. I have been a customer for 4 years though. All these companies care about is ensuring that they make back the cost of the handset with your line rental, so you can have a great phone, and decent monthly payment for 18 months or more, or a great phone, for 12 months but the monthly payment is higher. I wish I could say the choice is yours, but like you say, companies are limiting your options. The way I got my 12 month plan with Three is by telling them that if they can't give it to me, I was going to leave and go elsewhere. Guess what? They gave me the plan. :-) Try it?|||T-Mobile do a "swap your phone" deal after 9months (on an 18month contract).





Or if you do it with Carphone Warehouse anyway.|||NO 3 offer 6 months contracts and you get a new phone and O2 have a 30 day contract but you do not get a handset and need to use your old one

No comments:

Post a Comment