Friday, September 16, 2011

How can I use my Gerbil/ hamptser to charge my mobile phone/ camera batteries?

I thought that if I fitted my hampster's wheel with some sort of dynamo I could use it to charge my mobile phone and camera batteries. Has anyone else created such a device?|||Great idea but do an energy analysis first.





Besides a hampster* wheel, a generator, and a control circuit, I think you will need amphetamines and an account at your local pet store for replacement hampsters*.





A good place to start is to find out the watt-hour rating of your battery.





A human can generate about 50 watts on a sustainable basis---don't know what a hampster can generate---perhaps 1/10 watt but the critter would have to exert effort. If it has to exert effort, I suspect hampsters* are not all that different than humans---saying in a hampster sort of way "to h*** with this!"





*hampster, a hamster from the East Hamptons.|||you need to find the output voltage of this dynamo you also need to find out which terminals on your batteries are positive and negative then you need to change the voltage to whatever the charging voltage on your phone is (something over ~3.7vdc) and then throw in a protection circuit.





good luck.|||I've got something similar. I've a tread mill that my pet octopus, Crystal, uses. When she gets all eight of these legs going I can power the whole house. Costing me a fortune in trainers and she gets through a lot of digestive biscuits (keeps her energy up). Hope that helps|||can't you teach them how to plug it into the regular charger instead ?


what about taking parts from those flashlights that you crank up to run, voltage may be low though.|||Of course! Just go to Japan and you will see the first ever hamster powered vehicle. And what the hell is the word hampster. There's no word like that.|||I think it can be done.Best of luck.|||Put strips of dis-similar metals into the hamster. About 10 sets of them, in series, would give sufficient voltage to charge a cellphones.





After a very long time, you'd need new metal strips. Long before that, you need a new hamster.

No comments:

Post a Comment