Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can I switch my Virgin Mobile phone to a Sprint phone?

I'm so tired of my little Virgin Mobile phone itself, not the plans and all, just the phone. Since Virgin Mobile and Sprint have the same service, would I be able to switch the Virgin Mobile phone wit a Sprint Blackberry?


Any answers, thanks.|||Put the sim in and find out.|||This "best answer" is not a good answer. Sprint/Virgin Mobile phones do not use a sim card.

Report Abuse


|||Virgin Mobile has either a prepaid contract price or pay-as-you-go. With either one, you are paying for the phone since there are no contracts, so you can go buy a new phone whenever you want. By the same token, you can drop the Virgin Mobile service at any time.





If you switch to Boost, which is the same type of service, you just buy the phone and get started. What you want is around $150.





Or, you can go to Sprint and get a contract and a PDA style phone that is heavily discounted when you sign a contract.





Either way, all of these - Virgin, Boost, and Sprint - run over the Sprint network.|||I don't think so. Even though they use the same network, I think you need a phone with the proprietary Virginmobile firmware to access your account.


I know that with Tmobile-to-Go it is possible to upgrade to an unlocked or contract quality phone (you pay full price for the phone). Phone features that aren't supported by your plan won't give service unless you upgrade the plan. Unlocked phones require some configuration for services beyond voice calls to work.


I think it might be possible to do that with AT%26amp;T Go. Maybe with Verizon pre-pay, but I'm not sure.|||No, you can't.








I have sprint.|||sorry, no. i wish you could. but have you tried boost mobiles plans? they have nice phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment