Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How important is a mobile phone for a person?

In India, almost every person carries a mobile phone. I don't think they really need them. Even a cobbler or a auto rickshaw driver and most of the students carry one. Knowing that it is hazardous to use it for most of the time, we see people talking on phones for hours. People keep is for a mere "show off".


No doubt, there are people who really need them.


But why do the others want ? Why can't this change?|||Very few of us actually need one. Ours (and yes, it was a shared one) conked out recently and we have not replaced it. The only time I felt that I needed a mobile phone was when I was on the move as a self employed person and had to pick up work related messages. Our local phone company offers attractive packages to persuade people to talk ad infinitum and they do. But seldom -- very seldom -- does the conversation seem of any importance. It is usually inane chat. However, it is considered vital to a person's social standing to have one of these things. The only people who can afford to opt out are the people who don't care about social standing.|||I think there needs to be cell phone etiquette,and some one should write a book about bad place's and times to use a cell phone.We should not be driving down the road TeX messaging or on the phone talking with some one other than who's in the car When we are out eating or @ home with our family's we shouldnt be on the phone constantly it is down right rude that we cant even have a conversation with some one without them reaching 4their phone or it ringing every5. minutes. Life used to exist for every one with out a cell phone strapped to their hip and we all got through life fine we used a phone if we need to @ home %26amp; some of us used the phone @ work as well. But the point is , is that no one needed a cell phone till they got a cell phone.|||For me it is very important. Not just because I live in the states but because I am always on the go. Many of our pay telephone booths are gone because of the mobile phones. I do not have a phone in my home because I am hardly ever home to use it. I work all day, then go pick up my kids, go to the market and or have to take them to some after school activity - sports ect. I know that many people under the age of 25 buy them as a status symbol and always want the next newest technology. Those of us that work and are on the go though use them as a necessity. I still have the same phone I bought 3 yrs ago and use the same company. I even bought one for my 10 yrs old daughter to use at her after school activities where there may not be a phone easily accessible or when we go to the stores or out in public just incase we loose sight of eachother. She doesn't get to keep it all the time and is learning that it is not a toy but a tool to help her in case she needs to call me or my husband. I don't think cell phones are that bad of a thing for purposes they are intended for, to keep in communication with others. We are a busy society unlike 20 yrs ago, so the need to be able to contact someone at a moments notice is a good thing. Those that buy it for show or to impress are too shallow to recognize it's true use and end up wasting money for nothing.|||I am one that is in my opinion addicted to my cell phone. My husband first had me get it because I was going to school at night and he said if you are going to be out there you need a phone and Triple A road service just in case. I agreed and still have both. And yeah I finished school now I use it when I travel. It was a great way to communicate when my flight was cancelled and I needed to book another flight, it beat waiting in the long line. But what a hoot when I looked for a pay phone?? I thought do they even still make them...The answer yes they do.|||Not really important at all. I've noticed that people talk more on cellphones but communicate less.

No comments:

Post a Comment