Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Would my mobile phone work with a USA sim card in the states?

Could I send my mobile phone (a cheap nokia) to my uncle in the USA, for him to put a US sim card in it to use? Would it work in the states?|||It will work if the phone is unlocked and it works in the frequencies in the U.S. As someone else said, your uncle will need to use TMobile or AT%26amp;T. I have a line from each of them and the service is pretty good.


A Nokia phone can be unlocked for a few dollars by computer if it is not unlocked already. Check on the Internet and you will find several companies that will unlock the phone.


The frequencies used in the U.S. are mentioned by another answerer or you could check that with either AT%26amp;T or TMobile.


Good luck and your uncle is very lucky to have you. You should be proud of yourself.|||Most cells in the USA don't use sim cards anymore.|||it should. altho different carriers might order their own specific phone type even from the same vendor.|||yes why not..|||yes!|||If it's quad band, yes.|||If it is a quad band phone, yes it will work in the US. Check to see if the GSM frequencies include 850 and 1900.|||Yes it will, I just came back from a visit to the states and I took a mobile from Qatar and bought one from Heathrow as well and they both worked.





Not all US mobile service providers use a sim card but the best ones do so you wont have a problem, At%26amp;t and TMobile I know for sure. I had bought a prepaid monthly sim card and it worked fine on my nokia E75 and E66

No comments:

Post a Comment