Saturday, August 20, 2011

Can I cancel a mobile phone contract if I have terminal cancer?

In the past month I've been diagnosed with cancer and the outlook is bleak.





Just looking to tie up some things so that when the time comes there is less of a burden on my family. Is it possible to cancel a mobile phone contract under these conditions? I suppose I'll have to write to Orange?





Regards.|||I don't think having cancer will allow you to terminate the contract. however I suspect that Orange will void the contract on your death so it should not be an issue for your relatives to have to deal with.





if you find that you are no longer using the phone and you decide you want to try to cancel the contract its no bad thing to write to Orange, state your case and see if they will as a gesture void the contract... but if they do it will be because they are taking a compassionate view rahter than a purely legalistic view|||technically they can ask for full payment of contract to run etc.


however they are human etc so if you can get a letter confirming this form your doctor I am sure they will do so for humanitarian and good public relations. easy way is to simply phone them first !|||I'm sure you can, i saw something about this on The One Show.|||Microsoft Outlook is bleak.|||Sorry, but I think one has to be dead to cancel one of those parasite contracts.|||Oh sad ,, Sorry for you .. Yes contact Orange and explain the situation,, I am sure they will deal with things sympathetically ,, Best wishes|||You will have to pay the cancellation fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment